- This event has passed.
The Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban,
- September 30, 1996
- 1996 Enacted by the 104th United States Congress
- bans access to firearms by people convicted of crimes of domestic violence
- called “the Lautenberg Amendment”
- sponsored by Senator Frank Lautenberg (D – NJ).
- “Gun Ban for Individuals Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence”
- Pub.L. 104–208, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9))
- Amendment to the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)