- This event has passed.
Montana Firearms Freedom Act became effective
October 1, 2020
Montana Firearms Freedom Act
a state statute that sought to exempt firearms manufactured in Montana from federal regulation under the interstate commerce and supremacy clauses of the United States Constitution
Declares that firearms manufactured in the state of Montana after October 1, 2009, and which remain in the state, are exempt from United States federal firearms regulations
- These items are to be clearly stamped “Made in Montana” on a central metallic part.
- It applies to all firearms other than fully automatic weapons
- It also applies to ammunition (except exploding projectiles)
- It also applies to accessories such as suppressors.
- The law has no requirements for registration, background checks or dealer licensing
held invalid by Federal courts