- This event has passed.
Gun-Free School Zones Act
November 29, 2022
Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA)
- November 29, 1990
- introduced by Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin
- signed into law by President George H. W. Bush.
- act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone
- applies to public, private, and parochialelementary schools and high schools
- applies to non-private property within 1000 feet of schools