Rock Island Arsenal Museum opened 1905

Rock Island Arsenal Museum was established in 1905

opened to the public on July 4, 1905

  • October 1, 1903 – Chief of Ordnance sent fifteen boxes of ordnance
    1904 after St. Louis World’s Fair – weapons confiscated during the Philippine Insurrection and taxidermy horse specimens sent to RI
  • 1909 – The Catalogue of the Ordnance Museum, Rock Island Arsenal published
  • July 4, 1919 museum reopened after WWI in its original location
    Now called the Rock Island Arsenal Museum
  • May 1948 – Reopened after WWII in Building 60
  • November 4, 1959 – renamed the John M. Browning Memorial Museum
    1962 – all U.S. Army Museums were placed under the authority of the U.S. Army Center of Military History
  • July 1, 1986 – renamed the Rock Island Arsenal Museum

Rock Island Arsenal Museum opened 1905

Rock Island Arsenal Museum was established in 1905

opened to the public on July 4, 1905

  • October 1, 1903 – Chief of Ordnance sent fifteen boxes of ordnance
    1904 after St. Louis World’s Fair – weapons confiscated during the Philippine Insurrection and taxidermy horse specimens sent to RI
  • 1909 – The Catalogue of the Ordnance Museum, Rock Island Arsenal published
  • July 4, 1919 museum reopened after WWI in its original location
    Now called the Rock Island Arsenal Museum
  • May 1948 – Reopened after WWII in Building 60
  • November 4, 1959 – renamed the John M. Browning Memorial Museum
    1962 – all U.S. Army Museums were placed under the authority of the U.S. Army Center of Military History
  • July 1, 1986 – renamed the Rock Island Arsenal Museum

Dragonman’s Museum Closes for the Season

Dragonmans Military Museum in Colorado Springs, CO

78,000 sq. ft museum of pure passion, dedication and the preservation of American history

https://www.dragonmans.com/

Guided tours only on Sunday’s at 10 A.M.

The museum season is: April 4th through November 11th, 2020

Only guided tours are permitted. Sorry, it is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Private tours are also given to groups of 15 or more by reservation only – please call to reserve.

We do allow children, however those who cry or are distracting to others will be asked to leave.

Call us for any questions! (719) 683-2200.

Rock Island Arsenal Museum opened 1905

Rock Island Arsenal Museum was established in 1905

opened to the public on July 4, 1905

  • October 1, 1903 – Chief of Ordnance sent fifteen boxes of ordnance
    1904 after St. Louis World’s Fair – weapons confiscated during the Philippine Insurrection and taxidermy horse specimens sent to RI
  • 1909 – The Catalogue of the Ordnance Museum, Rock Island Arsenal published
  • July 4, 1919 museum reopened after WWI in its original location
    Now called the Rock Island Arsenal Museum
  • May 1948 – Reopened after WWII in Building 60
  • November 4, 1959 – renamed the John M. Browning Memorial Museum
    1962 – all U.S. Army Museums were placed under the authority of the U.S. Army Center of Military History
  • July 1, 1986 – renamed the Rock Island Arsenal Museum

Dragonman’s Museum Opens for the Season

Dragonmans Military Museum in Colorado Springs, CO

78,000 sq. ft museum of pure passion, dedication and the preservation of American history

https://www.dragonmans.com/

Guided tours only on Sunday’s at 10 A.M.

The museum season is: April 4th through November 11th, 2020

Only guided tours are permitted. Sorry, it is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Private tours are also given to groups of 15 or more by reservation only – please call to reserve.

We do allow children, however those who cry or are distracting to others will be asked to leave.

Call us for any questions! (719) 683-2200.

Rock Island Arsenal Museum opened 1905

Rock Island Arsenal Museum was established in 1905

opened to the public on July 4, 1905

  • October 1, 1903 – Chief of Ordnance sent fifteen boxes of ordnance
    1904 after St. Louis World’s Fair – weapons confiscated during the Philippine Insurrection and taxidermy horse specimens sent to RI
  • 1909 – The Catalogue of the Ordnance Museum, Rock Island Arsenal published
  • July 4, 1919 museum reopened after WWI in its original location
    Now called the Rock Island Arsenal Museum
  • May 1948 – Reopened after WWII in Building 60
  • November 4, 1959 – renamed the John M. Browning Memorial Museum
    1962 – all U.S. Army Museums were placed under the authority of the U.S. Army Center of Military History
  • July 1, 1986 – renamed the Rock Island Arsenal Museum

Dragonman’s Museum Opens for the Season

Dragonmans Military Museum in Colorado Springs, CO

78,000 sq. ft museum of pure passion, dedication and the preservation of American history

https://www.dragonmans.com/

Guided tours only on Sunday’s at 10 A.M.

The museum season is March 31, 2019 – November 2019

Only guided tours are permitted. Sorry, it is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Private tours are also given to groups of 15 or more by reservation only – please call to reserve.

We do allow children, however those who cry or are distracting to others will be asked to leave.

Call us for any questions! (719) 683-2200.